Monday, November 3, 2008

Maizey won't sleep!

Some eye candy for you to start off with since I'm about to bitch about some of her less-than-desirable habits of late.What the hell is this? Nobody told me that when teething gets REALLY bad babies stop sleeping. Maizey took a total of about 2 hours worth of naps today (normally it's more like 5 hours) and I started trying to get her to sleep for the night at 7pm and she just finally fell asleep at 10:45pm. I'm this close (I'm holing my thumb and forefinger about an inch apart) to giving the whiskey-on-the-gums thing a try. Seriously. At least she looked really cute today.

Her surgery is scheduled for 8:30am Wednesday morning. I'm excited to get it over with, but so stinkin' nervous.

Okay, I'm tired and I need to pump and sleep.

Here are some cute photos of my sweet, sweet baby girl. Next time you see her she won't have her face bling anymore--well she might have a little left, but far less than now. I'm gonna miss it for sure...it makes Maizey Maizey. But, I know she'll thank me for it in the long run.

H-A-double L-O-W-double E-N spells Halloween!No babies or peas were injured in this photo, but Porter did think for a moment that Maizey was a giant dog toy.
A pumpkin and a peapod and lunch at the Cheesecake Factory equal perfect Halloween.I found her like this in her crib. The girl pretty much rocks at sitting up these days.
Ridiculously cute. Outfit courtesy of Auntie Erika and Crazy 8.


Just being her joyful self.
This is her teething face. It's so silly.
Christmas in October. I wrapped up a bunch of her toys with old Christmas paper and put some other fun, random things in a big box and it kept her busy for a half hour (which is a REALLY long time in baby-world)!

Maizey making her funny, crazy noises. This is what she does alone in her crib!

6 comments:

Erika said...

I can't believe those photos and that video - it's hilarious. I am going to miss the bling.

Beth Zarling said...

I didn't know you switched her to her crib at night! I was going to wonder how you slept through the noises.
People in my infant class told me they stop sleeping during major changes like teething or learning to walk.
I will miss the bling too.

Jessica Zevely said...

Okay, well I can't watch the video yet because I'm at work and I want to listen to it when I get home. But seriously, this baby girl is the happiest (looking) baby in the world...and as soon as this teething thing is over she won't just be happy looking, she'll BEEEEE the happiest baby on the block. Don't worry...this will pass! Maizey is lucky to have Auntie Erika to buy all those fancy clothes :)

Jessica Zevely said...

And I seriously can't get over how much she looks like Candy in the pic with her binky!!! Crazy! Are you sure you and Randy didn't ever hook up? ;)

Mo said...

Good luck tomorrow Lana! You'll do great, and so will Maizey. She is so cute- I love your blog posts. Keep 'em coming!

Ashley Bruggeman said...

Lana, your little Maizey is sooo adorable! Ava loved looking at the photos on your blog with me this morning and then we had to run an errand to Macy's and Ava thought we were going to visit baby Maizey. Needless to say, she was very upset when we got to the department store and she has been talking about seeing bay Maizey ever since! Best of luck with the surgery tomorrow. We will be thinking of you...