Sunday, December 14, 2008

First Snow

We had our first snow last night. We were having a great time at a holiday party at Jessica's in Ballard, and when we saw the snow starting to accumulate at sea level, we knew it was time to hit the road. I was, unfortunately, the designated driver. I pride myself on being a fabulous, confident driver, but when it comes to the snow it's a totally different story. It all stems from a long, icy drive on the West Seattle Bridge about 8 years ago and having to walk home after abandoning my car. Anyway, after a nerve wracking drive home on a snow-packed I-5 at midnight (when everyone but me is a drunk driver) with our baby in the car, we crawled into bed with all the blinds open so we could see what was happening without having to get up to look outside.

This morning we woke up to 4ish inches. I was really bummed and feeling imprisoned in my own home when we decided we'd have to reschedule Maizey's Downtown Extravaganza--complete with Santa photos, the carousel, snow at Pac Place and the WHOLE family. Seriously, it KILLED me to cancel it. I was HATING the snow. But, we decided to make the best of it and take a little walk. Maizey didn't quite respond to the snow like I hoped she would, in fact, I'm not sure she even noticed. We got some fun pictures and we rescheduled our downtown adventure.

Here are some photos of today...
Waiting for snow
I couldn't decide between these two photos. She's so silly! She LOVED Trader Joe's Organic Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup. I realize this isn't the type of foods you're supposed to give babies, but I don't care. Icicles
a> The roads outside our house are, literally, sheets of ice.Getting ready for the cold. This reminds me of "I can't put my arms down!"Heading out for our walk.Daddy and doggies.Trying to stay warm.Playing at the school by our house.Family.She fell asleep in the Moby on the walk home. So sweet.
Our tree. Not a very good shot. I'll get one where it's lit up at night!


2 comments:

Erika said...

So freakin' cute, and lana you look so pretty too. Can you send me the originals of the main photo and the one of you and her??

Beth Zarling said...

YAY! Snow! I am sorry you had to cancel the Christmas Extravaganza though.
Those are great pics