Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 28th to me!

So, today I turned 28. Ryan made sure it was memorable, as he always does. Today followed an already fabulous week. We left for Tahuya last Tuesday and came home yesterday. It was a long relaxing/sometimes chaotic vacation for our family. We got in some good quality time with each other and my family. Maizey was on her best behavior, and although we had some fussy moments, mostly she was pretty laid back. Auntie Ricky took some beautiful family photos--all in only 15 minutes since RyRy HAD to get back to watch Wimbledon. We had a great time, but we were all glad to get home.
Back to today. Ryan took the day off. I knew we were doing something but I didn't know what. We woke up after a good nights' sleep--all happy to be back in our beds. We readied Maizey to spend a long day with her Grammy (the longest we've ever been apart). After we dropped her off we had breakfast of my choice which was, of course, Starbucks. Ryan then revealed to me that we were headed to Uvillage for a shopping spree! A REAL shopping spree--something I've always hoped would happen, but was still anxiously waiting for. I hadn't been to Anthropologie since I found out I was pregnant--I'd been avoiding it because it's too hard for me to go in if I can't buy. It's actually emotional. I realize this sounds so ridiculous and shallow, but it's really hard to watch your body slip away from you and now that things are normalizing again it's important that I feel good about myself. Anyway, after a long day of shopping with my hubby (who morphed into the world's best shopping partner for a day) and lunch, I was treated to a long, lovely massage and then dinner with Ryan's family. It was a great day and it was so good to get back to my Maize after spending time being totally self-absorbed, I couldn't get enough of my girl and her sweet, squishy cheeks.
Now it's nu-night time. I'll try to get some pics up soon.

3 comments:

Erika said...

LANA!!! That does sound like the best birthday ever! I am so glad it turned out like it did! I would love to hear what you got. Where did you get a massage? Happy birthday sissy...

Beth Zarling said...

I am glad you had such a great day. It seems pretty good for a 28. Maybe a 30 or some other special round number. He's a good man!

Georgia said...

Do tell what you got! you are so lucky! what a fun day!! Leave it to Ry Ry to always be the best guy ever!!