Sunday, October 12, 2008

Holy Crap!

So our darling dear has been having pooping problems. I'm not entirely sure why, but I think it could have something to do with the formula she's been getting. Yes, I've finally cut back on all the crazy pumping (I'm down to just 2 times a day) and I'm supplementing with formula. I was sad to concede to this, but it's just been too difficult with school and trying to function as a mama and a wife. Anyway, back to the point, on Thursday she didn't poop and then by Friday night she still hadn't and we were worried. This followed a week of some sketchy pooping. She went from a baby who pooped between 3-10 times a day to not even pooping once in a day over night. After a poopless last Sunday followed by a week of "that barely counts" poop we were at our wits end on Friday. So, Ryan knows this guy who's daughter had been in a similar predicament and his baby's doc told him to put a q-tip up her bottom and it worked. So, after going back and forth we *reluctantly* tried it. At first it didn't work so I did it again. I don't know what I was expecting and then it happened...for lack of a better description--it was a POOP WATERFALL!!!!!!! Ryan and I were so relieved! I'm sure Maizey felt pretty good about it too! I realize that you are definitely a parent when your baby's constipation and the subsequent poop waterfall relaxes you like a glass of wine.

In other news. We went to the Fall Harvest Festival at Remlinger Farms with Beth, Josh, and Harper. It was the perfect way to spend such a beautiful fall day. We rode the train, pet the animals, ate caramel apples, and got lost in and then cheated our way out of the corn maze (in our defense, we had two hungry babies)! Maizey is such a big girl now, she sat upright in the stroller without her carseat. It was a very big deal.



So proud to be sitting like a big girl!

Classic silly Maizey shot.

Takin' photos on the train.

Cousins in the corn maze.


Harper in the pumpkins.



I love how she looks at him.

Maizey REALLY wanted that apple.
So we gave in and let her try it.
At the petting zoo.
Josh tried the corn. It wasn't good.

1 comment:

Georgia said...

Jelous!! Looks like you guys had a great time!! i'd kill for one of those apples right now!!