Friday, August 29, 2008

Solids

Maizey enjoyed her first solid food yesterday. She loved it. She would go after the spoon like a little shark! Calling the food solid is a little bit of an overstatement, it was just runny cereal mixed with breast milk and a little bit of pear juice. She did love it, but I don't know how much of it she actually ate--most of it just wound up on her bib. It will take some practice. Here are photos of the event and some other cute photos with even more new Naartjie clothes (it's a little ridiculous how much we love clothes).

No, it wasn't too hot for this outfit in August--don't mind my ugly mug in the background.

Proud Grammy

Pre-solids (that is just drool on her bib).

Post-solids (notice the food on chin).

Yet another cutie outfit.

3 comments:

Georgia said...

I refuse to believe that she is old enough to eat solids...REFUSE!

Jessica Zevely said...

She is precious. I can't even explain it.....I'm speechless! I can't wait to see you guys again :)

DeeDee said...

Oh! too cute! so glad you bought your tickets today! i'll see you soon!