Thursday, February 21, 2008

Less than 3 months to go!

So we hit the 28 week mark! Yay! But I feel like May is still so far away. The more uncomfortable I get, the farther May seems to get. Things are definitely less comfortable with each passing day. We went to Leavenworth last weekend. Everyone, including Ryan, loved the beds in the house we stayed at. The mattress model name "Heavenly" seemed to be a good reflection of everyone's experience...except mine. Moving this big belly is hard enough, but put me to bed in a cloud-like mattress and things get even worse. It felt like I was sleeping in peanut butter. Every toss and turn was a major event. Also, what is this "round ligament" pain about? No one ever told me about it. I am here to tell anyone who is pregnant now, or will become pregnant, round ligament pain is awful. Imagine waking up in the morning and feeling like you've been riding on a horse for 12 hours straight...that is what it feels like to have RLP. It got so bad last weekend I could hardly go up stairs. But, you do look awesome when you walk, passerbys probably think you're just an accomplished equestrian.

Well, on the good side, Maizey has entered into the crazy-hiccups phase. She has the hiccups usually a couple of times a day. It's so fun to feel. Also, kicks and jabs have moved on to include rolls and turns. I can feel her rolling around in me, I think she is big enough now that I can feel just about every movement she makes. It's a little addicting. All I want to do is lay and bed and feel her move. But, I compromise, I only lay in bed for half the day instead of all day.

As I mentioned, Ryan and me and my family just got back from Leavenworth. We had such a good time. We had great food and got a lot of sleep! On Saturday we went with the whole fam to go snowshoeing/cross-country skiing (Ryan and I snowshoed so I couldn't accidentally crush the baby in a cross-country fall). It was perfect weather, and apart from the multiple in-the-wilderness-pregnancy-caused-pee-breaks, it couldn't have been a better day. All the pups came with, and needless to say Porter was in a major arthritic coma for the rest of the day. It was our last outing as a childless couple...

Ryan and I on our snowshoeing adventure

The closest thing we could get to a family picture--notice Porter barking in our faces. He's such a good boy!

The river that ran alongside the entire trail...so beautiful!

Porter in his arthritic coma on the peanut butter bed.

2 comments:

Jessica Zevely said...

I am seriously amazed at how much different your belly looks in 1 week! I'm so jealous..I want that belly!!!!

Love ya :)

Beth Zarling said...

You are only getting RLM now?!?! Lucky bitch! I am 10 weeks behind you and get it all the time. Last weekend I had it so bad one night I couldn't sleep. I sneezed today in the car and my ligaments hurt so bad I teared up!
You have such a cute little belly!