Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Kicks and Spelling

First, I'd like to say that this font is called Georgia--that one is for you George...luckily for you we don't know anyone named Lucida Grande.

Second, I'd like to say that we've finally decided on a spelling for the name of our unborn: Maizey. It's phonetically correct, and it looks better then Mayzie.

Third, I'm happy to announce that our daughter is not only intelligent, but funny too. Last night we went to bed way too early. After tossing and turning I decided to get up and watch The Real Housewives of Orange County (I didn't say I was intelligent). I had 10 minutes to kill, so I grabbed my stethoscope and was going to try to listen to Maizey's heartbeat. I pushed the stethoscope down on my belly and within seconds, it bounced off. She kicked it...hard. I tried again, and she kicked it again. No matter where I went, she found it and kicked it off. This went on for a few minutes before I decided that maybe she didn't want me doing this, but I couldn't stop laughing. I couldn't get over the fact that even though babies are vulnerable and so dependant when they're born, they certainly aren't that way in the womb. They are tough and rule their roost. I even read that there is documentation of babies getting agressive toward the needle when amniocentesis is performed...they'll hit at it. Anyway, I can only conclude that all the Dr. Seuss we are reading to her is rocketing her IQ off the charts...and of course her good genes.

No comments: