Friday, September 26, 2008

Thank God...

for Auntie Jess and thank God for the teething tablets that she gave me.

Maize turned 5 months yesterday and with that milestone has come some seriously intense teething pain. Yesterday was the loudest, hardest, saddest, longest crying Maizey has ever done. It was heartbreaking and frustrating. Today isn't looking like it is going to be much better. BUT--the only relief any of us gets is from teething tablets. So I really owe any moments of peace to Jessica, and I couldn't be more grateful! This is exponentially harder than any crying/colicky-like thing we went through in the beginning. Partially because she is WAY louder than she was as a one month old, and partially because I can tell that she is really and truly in pain. Also, I don't know what I'd do without the swing. I can't believe that we almost got rid of it! I really wouldn't be able to function--and I certainly wouldn't be able to blog!

In her good moments though she is as fun and adorable as ever! It's getting easier to make her laugh and I can see her making giant strides in every way as the weeks pass. I also think that she has put on about 2lbs since we started fortifying her milk. It may be because we are fortifying it, but my instinct tells me that she just had a natural plateau and now she is gaining again. I kinda doubt the formula had anything to do with it, but I'm going to keep doing it, just in case. I was actually looking at Ryan's baby book and he did the same thing, he didn't gain any weight from 3-4 months. The doc says these things can be genetic.

I started school this week and I love love love microbiology!! I couldn't have guessed that I would love microbiology, but I do. I feel like, for the first time, I'm actually in a class that is related to the career I want. It's super interesting and everything we learn has a clinical implication and significance. It's really affirming to me, it makes me sure that I've chosen the right path.

Okay gotta run, I've got to pump while I have some quiet moments...

2 comments:

Jessica Zevely said...

Oh my! Wow, that's the nicest thing ever! I'm so happy you have those...Kristin and Stacy call them "baby crack" because as soon as the kids would see the bottle, they would stop crying. It's so cute.

I can't wait until tonight!!!

Love,
Auntie Jess

Beth Zarling said...

I will have to keep that baby teething tablet stuff in mind. I am sure my hell is soon to come....